We care about our members and are always happy to take the time to answer any questions or concerns they may have.

We understand that insurance can sometimes be confusing, and we love answering any questions our members may have! We’ve put together a list of questions we get asked frequently so feel free to see if yours is answered below. Keep in mind that every situation is different, so please feel free to contact us to confirm the details of your situation.

In this situation, since the coach is the owner and the operator of the vehicle, even though he is on school business, he is not a named insured nor is his vehicle insured. However, damage that he may do to property or person of others on school business is covered with respect to liability of the school system or its board or employees other than the coach. 

There is incidental medical malpractice for the Health Department nurses who are performing duties, including dispensing drugs and vaccinations, in the capacity of their employment with the Member.  If they are performing duties outside their employment with the Member, they would need their own personal malpractice insurance.  This would pertain to temporary nurses, as well. 

Yes. Volunteer firemen may be covered under Workers Compensation.  The Tennessee Workers Compensation Act provides that Workers Comp coverage for volunteers, if chosen by the Member, covers medical benefits only as provided by the statute.  The Act does not provide indemnity or wage replacement for volunteers.  This benefit, as provided by the Act, is the exclusive remedy available to volunteers under the TNRMT document.  There is a form which accompanies our application that gives the Member the opportunity to select Volunteer coverage, if desired. 

The TNRMT does not dictate any restrictions concerning drivers or other employees.  It is assumed that the Member will not put anyone into a position before he/she is well trained, responsible, and trusted by the Member to properly perform the requirements of his/her job.  The Member puts its own liability at risk for these decisions and it is presumed they will protect their interests in employee situations. 

No. However, if you are planning on out-of-state trips, you should have an ID card. The requirements vary by state. Within the state of Tennessee, per Financial Responsibility Chapter No. 292 Public Acts, 2001, vehicles are not required to have them. They meet the Financial Requirement per section (a) (3) of the act: “The motor vehicle being operated at the time of the violation was owned by a carrier subject to the jurisdiction of the department of safety or the interstate commerce commission, or was owned by the United States, this state or any political subdivision thereof, and that such motor vehicle was being operated with the owner’s consent.” 

Under the Student and Athletic coverage, “student” is defined as a student enrolled in a participating school at the time of the accident. Since a home-schooled participant would not meet the eligibility requirements, a home-schooled student would not have any coverage under the TNRMT program. Thus, the school’s athletic program should require the home-schooled student to provide proof of coverage as an additional insured for the purposes of liability to the school. 

Yes, but this payroll must be included in the final audit for the term. 

No. You will need to have a separate builder’s risk policy issued to cover this exposure.  Please contact us for assistance in securing this coverage.